Sunday, October 26, 2014

creature fear

the conjuring scared me.
but not like god scares me
or how empty beer bottles scare me
or how the people I love scare me

it didn't scare me like the devil does
or how my fathers voice does
or how the empty walls of this house do

the pale faces scare me
nostalgia scares me
forgotten words scare me 
and teeth breaking phrases
like I love you or let's just be friends or I hope someday we end up together 
scare me

I'm scared of the creatures in my mind and under my bed 
of the people who forgot what to live for
scared of moving to kentucky
and scared of kentucky moving to me
scared of the smell you left on my shirt and how I'll never be able to wash it out

scared of the delicate flower you planted in my heart and how it keeps growing as I keep missing you

scared of how much I love you and how much you love her

scared that you're telling her the same things you told me

nothing can be as scary as that. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh woah. This whole thing is quotable and it flows so well. Loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The emotion in this is contagious. Well done, much love.

    ReplyDelete