Sunday, September 14, 2014

paper humans

"all those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. all the paper kids drinking beer some bum bought for them at the paper convenience store. everyone demented with the mania of owning. all the things paper-thin and paper-frail. and all the people, too."

please tell me I'm not a robot. no it can't be true. you see I wasn't made to live this cookie-cutter lifestyle like you were. no I'm not like the rest of them. routines bore me and the idea of sitting at a desk all day makes me want to bang my head on a wall. no I care too much. I care too much about people. about having a meaningful life. about being liked or just being a part of something. anything. 

I'm human. I must be. because sometimes this pain I feel in my heart is just too much. because my mind gets the best of me. because I've felt a warm summer breeze on my skin. because I've never wanted someone more than I want you. because when I wake up in the morning, I put a fake smile on my face and seal it with duct tape. because I cry too much about stupid things. because I love you. 

because I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being late. I'm sorry for breaking your heart. I'm sorry for making a promise I couldn't keep. I'm sorry for being ungrateful. I'm sorry my room isn't clean. I'm sorry I crumpled up our love like a piece of paper and threw it into a fiery hell. I'm so sorry. 

because I'm mad. I'm mad that you picked her. I'm mad that I can't change what I did. I'm mad that I can't help but love you. I'm mad that those good moments are gone. I'm mad that I pushed everyone away. 

no I can't be a robot if I feel all of this. because I feel too much of this. I'm human. I must be. because I'll be damned if I become one of them along with the rest of you. 

4 comments:

  1. "I put a fake smile on my face and seal it with duct tape."

    woah

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm human. I must be. because sometimes this pain I feel in my heart is just too much. because my mind gets the best of me." Too true, too true. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because I feel too much of this."

    same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I wasn't made to live this cookie-cutter lifestyle like you were."
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete