Friday, December 19, 2014

bittersweet end

I'm checking my notes one last time for any lines I wrote down in moments of inspiration.
but that isn't real.

the truth is, figuring out how to end this blog was nearly impossible.
Indy Anne was a part of me that I didn't even know existed.
she allowed me to write about things I could never speak of.
she's the reason my depression didn't seem so bad.
she showed me that I didn't need to be so afraid of Paris.
or of tourists.

I have her to thank for that.

but I also have everyone else to thank.
if it weren't for all of you, I would have never had the courage to write the way I did.
your truth has inspired me in ways I cannot fathom.
ways that truly show the parts of you that none of us knew from just glancing at your face.
so thank you.
for the good and the bad.
thank you for all of it.

to nelson.
thank you for opening my eyes to a world I was too afraid to look at before.
thank you for writing the truth.  
thank you for throwing desks and rapping and dancing and running around the room like it was your job.
and it was.
thank you for teaching us how to write without a single grammar lesson.
thank you for showing me how to face my demons.
thank you.

so here is one last truth.

I like my guitar more than I like most people.
I have to have the stereo volume on an even number or a multiple of five or it drives me crazy.
I hate engaging in small talk with people I won't remember two years from now.
shit is my favorite swear word while driving.
making out is my favorite pastime.
talking about my feelings scares me more than anything.
I sing more than I talk.
I hate being called "too skinny" or anorexic. the truth is, I eat like a trucker. but with a fast metabolism. and I will never be sorry for that.
I have lots of walls up. walls that have bruised my relationships with too many people.
but I believe in love.
and I believe that this blog will help me find it.

so thank you to everyone who read Indy Anne.
you were the best Paris I've ever known.

Hannah Peterson

12 comments:

  1. you were the best Paris I've ever known.

    That line is life and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna steal it, this post is basically how I feel leaving this class, thanks for putting it into words

    ReplyDelete
  2. "thank you for throwing desks and rapping and dancing and running around the room like it was your job.
    and it was."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit this was all so on point

    Your pen name is dope

    Your background is legit

    Your blog is so cozy..I wish I would have spent more time here:( Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're unreal. your writing is so unbelievably beautiful,
    you've always been one of my favorites.
    I want to say more but its not coming to me... so thank you for creating this,
    for everything that is a part of Indy Anne and you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this doesn't have to be the end because your writing is lovely and I'll cry if we call this the end. I don't think our trip to Paris has a time limit. Thank you Hannah for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Polly, our trip to Paris has no time limit!! Keep writing, you're incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your blog hannah.
    we should be friends.

    and rt polly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE BEGINNING OF THIS NEARLY MADE ME CRY. and the last line. That one too. This was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikkita/Hannah/Indyanne I love them all. This was so amazing and so real. Thank you for writing, please never stop. I always looked forward to reading your blog.
    "You were the best Paris I've ever known"

    ReplyDelete
  10. ^^ That ending. I loved this and your blog. Nice to meet you Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog. And the thing about the volume, I'm the same way. You're so inspiring Hannah.

    ReplyDelete